Legal Aid SA accredited Top Employer SA for 9 consecutive years – is a credible employer of choice. Its culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. The organisation is a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal services to the poor and vulnerable. The organisation has a national footprint. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill in the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in East London Local Office..
- Provide civil legal aid to the poor in the coverage area of the unit.
- Handling of complex civil matters..
- Supervise and guide civil candidate attorneys and paralegals.
- Assist in providing support and assistance to civil sections of Office in the designated cluster.
- Represent women, children, and vulnerable landless people in all civil matters.
- Perform office administration.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Admitted attorney/advocate (the latter must have completed pupilage successfully at an institution recognised by Legal Aid SA).
- LLB or B Proc degree.
- At least five years’ post admission civil experience.
- Right of appearance in the High Court.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical ability and excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Self-development orientation.
- A valid driver’s license is an advantage.
BASIC SALARY:R482, 907. 00 plus benefits per annum .
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and required skills as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 05 November 2018, quoting the above reference number on the subject line to: Nobuhle Ndlwana : email GPRecruit@legal-aid.co.za , Tel:043 704 4700. or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Should you not receive feedback from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Legal Aid SA – a credible employer of choice rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. A key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal service to the poor and vulnerable.
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT