Legal Aid SA accredited TopEmployer SA for 9 consecutive years – is a credible employer of choice. It’s culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. The organisation is a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal services to the poor and vulnerable. The organisation has a national footprint. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill in the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Graaf- Reinet.
- Provide civil legal aid to the poor in the coverage area of the unit.
- Handling of complex civil matters.
- Supervise and guide civil candidate attorneys and paralegals.
- Assist in providing support and assistance to civil sections of Local Office in the designated cluster.
- Represent women, children, and vulnerable landless people in all civil matters.
- Perform office administration.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Admitted attorney/advocate (the latter must have completed pupilage successfully at an institution recognised by Legal Aid SA).
- LLB or B Proc degree.
- At least five years’ post admission civil experience.
- Right of appearance in the High Court.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical ability and excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Self-development orientation.
- A valid driver’s license is an advantage.
BASIC SALARY: R482, 907. 00 plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 08 October 2018, quoting the reference number GRAAF/LP-CIVIL L2/27/09/2018in the subject line to ECRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.zaEnquiries to Raymond Marawu Tel: 049 804 2500.
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT