Legal Aid SA accredited TopEmployer SA for 9 consecutive years – is a credible employer of choice. It’s culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. The organisation is a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal services to the poor and vulnerable. The organisation has a national footprint. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill in the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis.. The position is based at the Mthatha..
- To ensure immediate response to client telephone call enquiry, complaints and or concerns and provide advice, guidance and assistance on how to resolve the issue and/or to assist client to resolve their legal problem.
- Support the Office’s legal staff by providing paralegal services to people qualifying for legal aid.
- Identify and solve matters that are not of a litigious nature.
- Identify cases of a litigious nature and hand over to legal practitioners.
- Handle legal administration.
- Keep the client database up to date..
- Conduct interviews with people applying for legal assistance..
- Assist clients with the completion of forms.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Matric and a 1-year paralegal qualification.
- Computer literacy.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- A valid unendorsed code 8 driver’s license an advantage.
SALARY:LEVEL 6 (R183 558.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and required skills as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 31 May 2018, quoting the above reference number on the subject line to: Thenjiwe Magazi email ECRecruit@legal-aid.co.za , Tel: 041 363 8863 or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Should you not receive feedback from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Legal Aid SA – a credible employer of choice rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. A key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal service to the poor and vulnerable.
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT