Legal Aid SA accredited TopEmployer SA for 9 consecutive years – is a credible employer of choice. It’s culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. The organisation is a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal services to the poor and vulnerable. The organisation has a national footprint. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill in the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis.. The position is based at the National Office in Braamfontein..
- To ensure immediate response to client telephone call enquiry, complaints and or concerns and provide advice, guidance and assistance on how to resolve the issue and/or to assist client to resolve their legal problem.
- Receive telephone call for immediate response and record on the logging system;
- Obtain adequate information from client on support required from the Call Centre.
- Guide client/representative to gain insight in the problem and advise client on alternative ways to deal with the problem in line with legal best practice & principles.
- Refer client for appropriate legal assistance based on the information obtain during the interview (internally or externally) or proficiently act on behalf of the person to solve general non-litigation/advices matters such as dealing with delayed with pension payouts, non delivery of ID documents ect.
- Maintain accurate notes on outcome of matters at all times as per stipulated call centre format..
- Ensure proper diarising of files and keep concise files notes for matters requiring follow up and ensure timely follow up of these matters.
- Call clients for feedback on quality of legal services and advice provided by legal practitioners and call centre agents.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Grade 12 Certificate .
- A recognised legal/paralegal qualification
- Three (3) years experience as an advisor/paralegal.
- Must be proficient in English as well as Zulu .
SALARY:LEVEL 6 (R183 558.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and required skills as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 12 June 2018, quoting the above reference number on the subject line to: Phaphama Mshuqwana email Recruit@legal-aid.co.za, Tel: 011 877 2000 or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Should you not receive feedback from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Legal Aid SA – a credible employer of choice rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. A key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal service to the poor and vulnerable.
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT