Applications are invited from interested persons who meet the minimum requirements, to fill the above-mentioned position in National Office in Braamfontein (Johannesburg). The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis.
- Interpret, Specify and Provide solutions to Business and Information Needs in respect of system development
- Produce functional and/or technical specifications based on determined User needs
- Use industry standard techniques and methodologies in acquiring client requirements
- Ensure all functional/technical/programme testing is carried out and a log of test results is maintained, in accordance with IS Software Change Management policy.
- Obtain sign off from clients according to functional/technical specifications
- Monitor, track and report on projects progress
- Liaise with various administrators to coordinate the tracking of incidents and change requests
- Design and extract reports using SQL Report Writer/ reporting services
- Manage own development and efficiency in the IS environment
- Provide 2nd line Application Support
- Expected to work extended hours when the need arises.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
Minimum of Five (5) years relevant working experience in an Information Technology (IT) Field.
- Programming skills:
- 5 years or more in Microsoft.NET C# (ASP.NET, MVC, WCF, Windows Forms, etc.)
- 2 years or more in K2 (Workflow & K2 Smartforms)
- 2 years or more in SharePoint Development (SharePoint 2007 or higher)
- 5 years or more in Microsoft SQL 2008 or higher
- Exposure to Business Intelligence (SQL Report Writer)
- Exposure to Front End Development tools i.e. Java Script, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Exposure to Native Mobile Development (Android, iOS or Microsoft)
- Exposure to Source Code or versioning control, preferably Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- In depth knowledge of Systems Programming and Business processes
- Ability to benchmark against national leading practice and work with the Executive to develop the organisation’s systems programming methodology and practice
- Effective working relationship with the IS team.
- Excellent analytical skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with ambiguity and meet demanding deadlines and manage projects
- A recognized Grade 12 certificate plus a three (3) year Computer qualification obtained at a University / Technikon.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Developer or Professional (MCSD or MCP) added advantage
Salary Package: LV 12 (R826, 053.00) all inclusive package per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and required skills as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 07 August 2018, quoting the above reference number on the subject line to: Siphesihle Molefe email firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 011-877213 or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Should you not receive feedback from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Legal Aid SA – a credible employer of choice rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. A key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal service to the poor and vulnerable.
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT