The Information Systems Department of the Legal Aid SA in Braamfontein is looking to recruit an Assistant Network Administrator. All suitably qualified persons are invited to apply to fill this position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis.
To assist the Network Administrator to manage Legal Aid SA computer networks in a manner that will ensure optimal utilisation.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Assist in the installation and support of all network equipment.
- Assist in installing new offices and PCs on the network.
- Carry out authorized configuration changes on a network.
- Assist Network Admin on the installation of networks.
- Start up, operate and monitor network.
- Upgrade devises firmware and software as necessary.
- Manage physical and logical network access.
- Configure Access Control lists on network devices for security purposes.
- Manage network using monitoring software and keep monitoring software configured and up to date.
- Identify and report conflicts between access procedures and operational requirements.
- Assist in identifying and monitoring potential network bottlenecks.
- Monitor network performance against agreed service levels.
- Have a thorough understanding of network management software.
- Have a good knowledge of network related products available.
- Understand the deployment of VLANs.
- Must understand different routing protocols
- Understand ISDN contingency routing.
- Understanding of network acceleration and optimization and understanding of Qos.
- Establish and maintain network connectivity to the disaster recovery site in the event of a disaster.
- Assist Network administrator handling all the Network Asserts.
- Assist Network administrator install and setup Video Conference.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognized Grade 12 certificate plus.
- Three (3) years Information Technology qualification obtained at a University / Technikon or other acknowledged tertiary institution.
- CCNA or N+ Qualification.
- One (1) year experience in Networking Environment is a requirement.
SALARY: R444, 693.00 plus benefits per annum (Level 10)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and required skills as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 26 September 2018 , quoting the above reference number on the subject line to:Phaphama Mshuqwana email LAB.Recruitment@legal-aid.co.za , Tel:011-877 2380 or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za Should you not receive feedback from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.Legal Aid SA – a credible employer of choice rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. A key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal service to the poor and vulnerable.
Should you not receive feedback from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Legal Aid SA – a credible employer of choice rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. A key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal service to the poor and vulnerable.
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT