Deductions from your SASSA account

What to do if you do not agree with a deduction from your SASSA account or you did not allow the deductions?
SASSA is responsible for the receipt, management and accounting for all disputes on deductions
that are registered with them.

Step 1
Go as soon as possible when you realise that you do not agree with a deduction to your nearest
SASSA Local Office.
Step 2
You will have to register your dispute
There are many ways to do this
1. Go to the Help Desk at the pay point
2. Call the National Call Centre (telephone 0800 60 10 11).
What will happen
Step 3
1. The SASSA staff will register your dispute either electronically or manually
2. You will need to provide the staff with the following documents and information
2.1. Your full names
2.2. Your ID number
2.3. Nature of complaint – include details such as how long the problem has been going on
2.4. The value of the deductions being disputed
2.5. What the deduction has been for
Step 4
You will have to complete an affidavit and it must be commissioned by the Commissioners of
Oaths appointed in each office
You do not need to go to the Police Stations to complete these

What happens after that?
Your completed affidavits will be sent to the regional official responsible for the co-ordination of all
He or she will forward the complaints and completed affidavits to SASSA department dealing with
What can be the possible outcomes?
a. Your account can blocked for future sales or products
b. If you did not allow these deductions the money deducted (taken out ) will be refunded

Contact details for South African Social Security Agency
Head Office
SASSA House •
501 Prodinsa Building Cnr Beatrix & Pretorius Street
Pretoria •
Private Bag X55662 Arcadia •
Pretoria 0083
Tel: +27 12 400 2000 • Fax: +27 12 400 2257