INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
LABOUR RELATIONS OFFICER
Legal Aid SA is a national public entity, a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal services to poor and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint. Legal Aid SA is an accredited Top Employer SA for 10 consecutive years – a credible employer of choice. Its culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Braamfontein, subject to travel across the national footprint.
To provide complete support, coordination and implementation of all Labour/Employee Relations initiatives/interventions, in order to ensure consistent, fair labour practices and compliance with labour legislation to foster industrial peace.
- Provision of Labour Relations/Employee Relations support/initiatives & interventions.
- Promoting and maintaining sound employer and employee relations in line with statutory requirements and best practice.
- Facilitate the management of discipline, grievances, incapacity and dispute resolution.
- Capacity building of line management and employees on employee/labour relations and legislation.
- Ensure, monitor and verify compliance with labour law.
- Foster constructive relations with trade unions.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised 3-year tertiary qualification in Labour Relations or Human Resources Management, or equivalent qualification. A post graduate qualification in labour relations will be an added advantage.
- At least a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Labour Relations/Employee Relations including working in a unionised environment and a minimum of two years in a supervisory position.
- Labour Relations skills with a proven track record of facilitating internal disciplinary, incapacity and grievance processes, and appearance before external dispute resolution bodies such as the CCMA and other related forums.
- Workplace knowledge and understanding of labour laws with a proven up to date knowledge of relevant case law.
- Ability to research and implement best practices.
- Computer literacy, project management, analysis, report compilation and presentation skills.
- High analytical skills and the ability to work independently.
Basic Salary: R470 040 plus benefits per annum (Level 10)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 04 June 2019, quoting the reference number NO/LRO/17/05/2019 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo Tel: 011 877 2000
Preference may be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT