INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
KROONSTAD LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a national public entity, a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal services to poor and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint. Legal Aid SA is an accredited Top Employer SA for 10 consecutive years – a credible employer of choice. Its culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Kroonstad.
To provide administrative and secretarial support to the Civil Unit in accordance with Legal Aid SA policies, procedures and standards.
- Carry out the Civil Unit’s administrative function effectively.
- Provide efficient secretarial support to the Civil Unit.
- Obtain, source, type, proofread, make copies and distribute according to instructions received.
- Co-ordinate and monitor all Civil Unit administrative matters.
- Participate and provide support to implement an effective filing and diary system to ensure that the Civil Unit addresses matters on behalf of clients and manage the availability of the Legal Practitioner.
- Assist Legal Practitioners with all ancillary matters to the preparation and presentation of cases.
- Develop and maintain a system to ensure that receipt of documents emanating from other units and/or offices are acknowledged.
- Develop a system to ensure that documents received from opponent attorneys are received and distributed to the relevant practitioner, timeously.
- Develop a system to record sensitive documents and to ensure same-day distribution of these documents.
- Gather required information and arrange for consultative interviews.
- Assist with the completion of routine forms for Legal Practitioners and ensure that they are submitted for approval.
- Maintain and update meeting schedules.
- Maintain record-keeping and filing system.
- Ensure that reports and documentation are timeously sent/delivered to the relevant people.
- Ensure that physical assets are reconciled to each individual office list at the Local Office on a monthly basis.
- Maintenance and issuing of stationery in accordance with relevant Legal Aid SA procedures.
- Maintain attendance registers in accordance with the Legal Aid SA HR Policy.
- Maintain a register of mail items and court documents sent by Docex and track their delivery.
- Maintain a register of documents sent to the High Court Unit, Impact Litigation Unit and Senior Litigator.
- Maintain list with regular fax numbers and double-check with customers to determine full instructions for handling of fax with full adherence to customer instructions.
- Always attach successful transmission report to sent faxes.
- Attend to photocopying and binding of documents as required.
- Attend to proper allocation of duplication/stationery costs as per Legal Aid SA policies/procedures.
- Assist with the accurate completion of practitioner matter activity reports (MARs) and updating of any web pages designed to capture information for the Civil Unit.
- Keep handy the complete list of all relevant contact numbers for Local Office personnel and major customers/role players at all times.
- Adhere to proper telephone etiquette, accurate taking and conveying of messages at all times.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Grade 12 certificate.
- Minimum one (1) year relevant admin and secretarial experience within a legal environment.
- Understanding and application of basic computer software packages.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
Basic Salary: Level 5 (R173,703.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 06 August 2019, quoting the reference number KROONSTAD/19/07/2019 in the subject line to FSNWRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Nokhanyiso Ngaba, Tel: 056 216 4800
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT.
Please login/register to apply online