INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
PROVINCIAL COMMUNICATIONS PRACTITIONER
FREE STATE/NORTH WEST PROVINCIAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a national public entity, a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal services to poor and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint. Legal Aid SA is an accredited Top Employer SA for 10 consecutive years – a credible employer of choice. Its culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA Free State/North West Provincial Office in Bloemfontein.
KEY OUTPUTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Provide inputs into the Strategic Plan and annual Business Plan in line with the Strategic Plan.
• Manage the successful cascading of the organisation’s Business Plan across the province.
• Provide monthly management reports accurately reflecting the status of implementation of the Business Plan.
• Implement the organisation’s Communications Strategy successfully in the province.
• Monitor quarterly the implementation of the Business Plan and address non-compliance by Local Offices.
• Undertake liaising and communication with all internal stakeholders to secure participation and coordinate inputs into policy changes.
• Effective communication of changes in policy and procedures to all affected internal stakeholders within 7 days from approval.
• Manage and monitor expenditure on a monthly basis against approved budget/forecast ensuring that all variances are addressed timeously with the Provincial Finance/Admin Manager.
• Ensure that all procurement is in line with the approved supply chain management policies and practices including the monitoring of payments within stipulated timeframes.
• Assist with implementation of events arranged by the National Office Communications Department targeted at stakeholders at Local Office level, ensuring participation by all Local Offices.
• Increased relationship with media houses; 4 media events, e.g. press conference, media briefing; provincial assistance x 1 event per annum.
• Engage in advocacy/lobbying interventions with relevant stakeholders to advance the interests of Legal Aid SA and its clients.
• Ensure that each Local Office arranges a Client Stakeholder Forum to promote the services of Legal Aid SA as well as facilitate networking opportunities for client organisations.
• Maintain a database of client community organisations within the region and ensure telephonic communication with them at scheduled intervals to strengthen awareness of Legal Aid SA services as well as ensure that the referral mechanism is maintained, and maintain healthy relationships with NGOs, FBOs, CBOs.
• Provide communication support of Achievers Awards programme for provincial nominations for award ceremony.
• Inform staff by annual publishing and distribution of 12 National Office newsletters and 2 provincial newsletters.
• Ongoing monitoring of suggestion boxes and development and implementation of feedback mechanism re: suggestion boxes.
• Ongoing analysis of complaints registers to identify communication gaps and address negative perceptions of Legal Aid SA.
• Accurate quarterly audits to ensure compliance with Legal Aid SA marketing/communications policy.
• Assistance in the implementation of all Organisation Culture Programmes and recommendations at Local Offices.
• Approved and communicated events calendar to promote the Legal Aid SA brand and image.
• Quality information input into Intranet content to best serve the information needs of Legal Aid SA employees and management.
• Effective and efficient media relations plan to be in line with marketing and communication strategy.
• Handle all media briefings and interviews according to media relations policy.
• Monthly press release/article/radio coverage on topical issues (e.g. success stories).
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
• A recognised tertiary qualification in Communication / Media / Marketing / Public Relations related studies, e.g. Bachelors Degree / National Diploma.
• Postgraduate qualification in above fields a recommendation.
• Registration with a professional body, e.g. PRISA, a recommendation.
• Five (5) years’ relevant experience in communications / marketing / public relations, with three (3) years at management level.
BASIC SALARY: R470 040,00 plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 27 August 2019, quoting the reference number FSNW/PCP/08/08/2019 in the subject line to FSNWRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Sinazo Mzayifani, Tel: 051 412 8040
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT.
Please login/register to apply online