INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
LEGAL PRACTITIONER – CIVIL LEVEL 1
CAPE TOWN LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a national public entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to poor and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint. Legal Aid SA is an accredited Top Employer SA for 10 consecutive years – a credible employer of choice. Its culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Cape Town.
- Provide legal representation to indigent accused persons primarily at District Court Level.
- Training and supervision of Candidate Attorneys.
- Perform office administration.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Admitted attorney or advocate (the latter must have completed pupilage successfully at an institution recognised by Legal Aid SA).
- Legal representation at District Court level.
- Minimum of at least two (2) years’ post-qualification experience or upon completion of relevant training period (OSD salary scale levels 3 and 4).
- LLB degree or equivalent.
- Proven track record in civil defence.
- Valid driver’s license will be an advantage.
- Right of appearance in High Court an added advantage.
- Communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Analytical thinking.
- Team player.
- Self-development orientation.
BASIC SALARY: R301,452.00 plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 13 September 2019, quoting the reference number CAPET/LP-CL1/30/08/2019 in the subject line to WCNCRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Thembakazi Sobetwa Tel: 021 426 4126
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online