INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN
Legal Aid SA is a national public entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to poor and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint. Legal Aid SA is an accredited Top Employer SA for 10 consecutive years – a credible employer of choice. Its culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Johannesburg (Braamfontein).
- Manage and maintain the Microsoft Server environment.
- Administer the MS Active Directory.
- Administration of MS System Centre.
- Administer and maintain Microsoft’s Unified Communications solution (Exchange, Lync and GSM network).
- Administer and maintain Internet Information Services Servers.
- Manage and maintain the ESXi Virtual Infrastructure. (ESXi 6.0)
- Installation of ESXi Servers, vSphere Client, Vcenter Server.
- Installation and Configuration of Update Manager for patching of all ESXi Servers.
- Installation and Configuration of VMware VDR for taking snapshots of critical VM’s and restoring from snapshot in an event of a disaster.
- Manage and maintain VMware vSphere Management Assistant (vMA).
- Manage and maintain the vRealize Operations Manager.
- Manage and maintain VMware vSphere Site Recovery Manager (SRM).
- Setup and manage replication of critical servers between Head Office and DR.
- Ensure DR Site is always available and ready in an event of a disaster.
- Monitor replication jobs on a daily basis.
- Capacity planning and monitoring of VMware Infrastructure including SAN’s and physical servers.
- Administer the SAP user account.
- Efficiently maintain and update Policies and Procedures.
- Administer and maintain Fax.
- Identify screen messages indicating errors/faults.
- Monitor usage of authorised and unauthorised software.
- Test alignment and integration of software and hardware.
- Schedule systems software maintenance periods.
- Define and plan changes to software configuration.
- Assist in the maintenance of the server hardware installation.
- Manage the administration of the Microsoft Active Directory.
- Manage the Microsoft Enterprise Agreement.
- Manage software support renewals. VMware, Veeam, …
- Manage use of software within number boundaries permitted by legitimate licensing.
- Ensure procurement of additional software licences, as and when required.
- Fully responsible for Disaster Recovery in the event of a disaster.
- Monitor and test emergency power to server room and back-up generator.
- Manage and maintain the Storage environment.
- Manage and maintain the physical server environment.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Grade 12 certificate plus a three (3) year Computer qualification / NQF level 7.
- A post-graduate Diploma/Degree will be an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Business processes.
- Ability to benchmark against national leading practice and work with the Executive to develop the organisation’s systems administration practice.
- Effective working relationship with the IS team.
- Excellent analytical skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with ambiguity and meet demanding deadlines and manage projects.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
- Virtual Environment functional skills and expertise.
- Seven (7) years relevant work experience in an IT Department of which three (3) years are in the maintenance of VMware virtual environment and Microsoft Operating Systems.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) Certificate.
- Project management experience is essential.
BASIC SALARY: R869,007.00 plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 12 November 2019, quoting the reference number IS-SA/25/010/2019 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2373
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online