INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
EMPANGENI LOCAL OFFICE – INGWAVUMA SATELLITE OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a national public entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to poor and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint. Legal Aid SA is an accredited Top Employer SA for 11 consecutive years – a credible employer of choice. Its culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA Ingwavuma Satellite Office.
- Support the Office’s legal staff by providing paralegal services to people qualifying for legal aid.
- Identify and solve matters that are not of a litigious nature.
- Identify cases of a litigious nature and hand over to legal practitioners.
- Handle legal administration.
- Keep the client database up to date.
- Conduct interviews with people applying for legal assistance.
- Assist clients with the completion of forms.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES)
- Matric and a 1-year paralegal qualification.
- Computer literacy.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to relate at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- A valid unendorsed code 8 driver’s license is an advantage.
BASIC SALARY: LEVEL 6 R208,584.00 per annum plus benefits.
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 10 December 2019, quoting the reference number EMP/PAR/22/11/2019 in the subject line to KZNRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Lungile Magoso, Tel: 035 792 4949
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT.
Please login/register to apply online