INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
HEAD OF OFFICE LEVEL 1
MODIMOLLE LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a national public entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to poor and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint. Legal Aid SA is an accredited Top Employer SA for 11 consecutive years – a credible employer of choice. Its culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Modimolle.
- Maintain the infrastructure of the Local Office.
- Select Candidate Attorneys, Legal Practitioners & Administrative staff for the Local Office.
- Manage the functioning & administration of the Local Office.
- Manage the allocation of cases to private practitioners (Judicare).
- Train & develop staff.
- Ensure sound management of the Local Office’s finances and other assets.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Legal qualification with an LLB or B Proc degree. Must be admitted as an Attorney or Advocate of the High Court of SA.
- At least 12 years’ post qualification legal experience (at least 10 years’ post admission experience) of which 4 years must be court experience.
- Demonstrated ability to train Candidate Attorneys.
- Excellent leadership and people development skills with a track record in training Candidate Attorneys & newly appointed Legal Practitioners.
- Experience in budget preparation and management thereof.
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word & Outlook) an advantage.
The following additional skills, knowledge, training & competencies are required:
- Strong communication skills and an ability to manage a diverse workforce.
- Ability to plan, organise, coordinate and present.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies.
- Innovative, creative and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent problem solving and motivational skills.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
Envisaged for this position is a Senior Attorney with a good standing in the legal fraternity, proven track record in criminal & civil litigation, a motivated, self-driven and mature individual who is a team player.
SALARY PACKAGE CM1 – 1: R997,761.00 (package) OSD scales
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 04 February 2020 quoting the reference number MOD/HoO/17/01/2020 in the subject line to LMPRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Prescilla Nwandule, Tel: 015 296 0117
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online