INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Legal Aid SA is a national public entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to poor and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint. Legal Aid SA is an accredited Top Employer SA for 11 consecutive years – a credible employer of choice. Its culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the National Office in Braamfontein.
To perform litigious and non-litigious functions on behalf of Legal Aid SA within specified authority parameters and mandate.
- Conduct litigation with regard to the receipt of summonses/motion applications against Legal Aid SA.
- Conduct litigation with regard to the issue of summonses and the launching of applications on behalf of Legal Aid SA.
- Conduct arbitration matters on behalf of Legal Aid SA.
- Compile reports to court in terms of Section 3B of the Legal Aid SA Act.
- Conduct litigation on behalf of Legal Aid SA in all matters in which Legal Aid SA is a party to the proceedings including but not limited to, matters handled by its insurers and Human Resources Department with specific regard to Labour Litigation.
- Draft, negotiate and vet contracts falling within parameters of authority, ensuring that Legal Aid SA secures the best possible contractual arrangement.
- Provide legal advice to the rest of Legal Aid SA regarding contractual options, risks, legal implications and litigious matters.
- Assist the Corporate Legal Manager in the formulation of new policy and procedures as well as amendments of existing policy and procedures from time to time.
- Provide input for Management Information System reports.
- Adhere to the administration system in the Corporate Legal Section (record keeping and retrieval).
- Managerial and other responsibilities.
- Supervise and coach Candidate Legal Practitioners.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A relevant tertiary legal qualification e.g. LLB.
- Admitted as an Attorney after completion of a recognised tertiary legal qualification.
- Five (5) years post admission experience in a corporate legal and/or civil litigation environment.
- High Court or Magistrate’s Court active appearance experience of at least two years prior to the date of the advertisement.
- Valid driver’s licence.
Salary: R763,212.00 all-inclusive package per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 03 March 2020, quoting the reference number NO/CC/14/02/2020 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2000
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online