INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
PRINCIPAL LEGAL PRACTITIONER – CIVIL
NELSPRUIT LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a national public entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to poor and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint. Legal Aid SA is an accredited Top Employer SA for 11 consecutive years – a credible employer of choice. Its culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Nelspruit.
- Manage the functioning and administration of the civil unit of the Local Office.
- Manage civil legal aid to the poor in the coverage area of the unit.
- Act as principal for Candidate Legal Practitioners.
- Handling of complex civil matters.
- Supervise and guide Civil Legal Practitioners and Paralegals.
- Train and develop staff.
- Provide support and assistance to civil sections of Local Offices in the designated cluster.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Admitted attorney.
- LLB or B Proc.
- At least twelve years’ post qualification legal experience, with a minimum of ten years’ post admission experience of which four years are to be court experience.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Must demonstrate an ability to manage a civil practice.
- Demonstrate an ability to train Candidate Legal Practitioners as professional assistants.
- Strong analytical ability and excellent communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
SALARY: R940 083.00 per annum (all inclusive)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 09 March 2020, quoting the reference NELS/PLP-CIVIL/21/02/2020 number in the subject line to LMPRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Prescilla Nwandule, Tel: 015 296 0117
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online