INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
STAKEHOLDER AND MEDIA OFFICER
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 11 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Braamfontein.
To assist in the implementation of media and marketing strategies.
- Assist the Media and Marketing Manager to develop and maintain relations with local media, stakeholders and Legal Aid SA offices.
- Assist the Media and Marketing Manager with advertising and public education campaigns at a national level.
- Assist the Communication Department to manage and coordinate the distribution of all communication material and ensure that all marketing material is distributed.
- Responsible for managing media interviews and queries within Legal Aid SA.
- Assist the Media and Marketing Manager to develop, write and distribute all stakeholder publications including electronic newsletters.
- Assist the Media Content Development Specialist with research and writing of media pieces.
- Compilation of content for the organisation’s social media platforms.
- Assist in managing and updating both the Intranet and website.
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports on media and marketing activities, as well as on media coverage for specific events and launches, as appropriate.
- Ongoing media monitoring and compilation of a regular ‘news roundup’ email to the Management Executive Committee.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Grade 12 certificate.
- A recognised Diploma/Degree in Communications.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a communications environment.
Basic Salary: Level 8 (R316,791.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 27 October 2020, quoting the reference number SMO/NO/9/10/2020 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2373
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online