INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
HEAD OF OFFICE
ERMELO LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 11 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Ermelo.
- Maintain the infrastructure of the office.
- Select Candidate Attorneys, Legal Practitioners and Administrative staff for the office.
- Manage the functioning and administration of the office.
- Manage the allocation of cases to private practitioners (Judicare).
- Train and develop staff.
- Ensure sound management of the office’s finances and other assets.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Legal qualification with an LLB or BProc degree. Must be admitted as an Attorney or Advocate of the High Court of SA.
- At least 12 years’ post qualification legal experience (at least 10 years’ post admission experience) of which 4 years must be court experience.
- Demonstrated ability to train Candidate Attorneys.
- Excellent leadership and people development skills with a track record in training Candidate Attorneys and newly appointed legal practitioners.
- Experience in budget preparation and management thereof.
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word and Outlook) an advantage.
The following additional skills, knowledge, training & competencies are required:
- Strong communication skills and an ability to manage a diverse workforce.
- Ability to plan, organise, coordinate and present.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies.
- Innovative, creative and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent problem solving and motivational skills.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
Envisaged for this position is a Senior Practitioner with good standing in the legal fraternity; a proven track record in criminal and civil litigation; a motivated, self-driven and mature individual who is a team player.
SALARY PACKAGE CM1 – 1: R997,761.00 (package) OSD scales
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 10 November 2020 quoting the reference number ERM/HoO/23/10/2020 in the subject line to LMPRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Prescilla Nwandule, Tel: 015 296 0117
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SOUTH AFRICA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online