INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
PRINCIPAL LEGAL PRACTITIONER – CIVIL
JOHANNESBURG LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill in the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Johannesburg.
- Manage the functioning and administration of the civil unit of the Local Office.
- Manage civil legal aid to the poor in the coverage area of the unit.
- Act as principal for Candidate Attorneys.
- Handling of complex civil matters.
- Supervise and guide Civil Legal Practitioners and Paralegals.
- Train and develop staff.
- Provide support and assistance to civil sections of Local Offices in the designated cluster.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Admitted attorney.
- LLB or B Proc.
- At least twelve years’ post-qualification legal experience, with a minimum of ten years’ post-admission experience of which four years are to be court experience.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Must demonstrate an ability to manage a civil practice.
- Demonstrate an ability to train Candidate Attorneys as professional assistants.
- Strong analytical ability and excellent communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
SALARY: R940,083.00 per annum (all inclusive)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 16 February 2021, quoting the reference number JHB/PLP/29/01/2021 in the subject line to GPRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Freddy Raseote, Tel: 011 870 1480
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online