INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
LADYSMITH LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill in the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Ladysmith.
- Manage the office processes in respect of finance, human resources, communications and legal administration within a matrix environment.
- Manage administrative functions from a compliance and operational effectiveness approach.
- Management of the office Manual and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the office and advise on application.
- Ensure the implementation of new/revised Policies and Procedures and monitor adherence thereof.
- Together with the management team, identify risks facing the office and ensure effective mitigation against such risks.
- Management oversight of BI reports to accurately reflect the status of strategy implementation.
- Management and monitoring of office contracts to ensure compliance and value for money.
- Management and monitoring of the correct use of petty cash.
- Management of infrastructure and fixed assets.
- Manage procurement and payments (sourcing quotes from suppliers, processing of invoice, order, etc.).
- Management of over and under expenditure to ensure budgetary control.
- Efficient vehicle and fleet management.
- Grade 12 plus 3 years relevant tertiary qualification.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- 5 years’ administrative experience.
- 2 years relevant management experience.
- Understanding and application of basic computer software packages.
- Ability to develop and implement operational plans.
- Leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Resource and risk management.
- Business writing skills.
- Ability to compile reports and statistics.
Basic Salary: R470,040.00 per annum (Level 10)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 18 August 2021, quoting the reference number LAD/AM/30/07/2021 in the subject line to KZNRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Baboo Brijlal, Tel: 031 717 8450
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online