INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
PROVINCIAL HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
KWAZULU-NATAL PROVINCIAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill in the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Pinetown, at the KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Office.
Accountable for leading the Human Resources agenda within the province in support of the business strategy by providing generalist Human Resources business partnering services to the province in order to ensure effective engagement of Legal Aid SA’s human resources.
- Participate as a member of the Provincial Management Team with a specific focus on HR and how that resource is best leveraged, led and managed to deliver the overall business objectives within the province.
- Implement the integrated Employee and Organisational Capacity Strategy responsive to provincial business requirements and partner with Heads of Offices to embed the strategy.
- Conduct research consistently and avail ways to add value to the organisation by presenting an appropriate blend of reactive and proactive solutions for people management, which will further the organisation’s agenda across all business units and ultimately enable the achievement of overall goals.
- Successfully execute the Legal Aid SA HR policies, processes and practices and ensure the consistent application of organisation-wide standards of HR excellence. Maintain and continuously improve HR standards and practices within the province.
- Implement organisational change management programmes relevant to people management.
- Take a leadership role within the province and act as an HR business partner to the province including taking responsibility for the effectiveness of the provincial matrix management within the local office and provincial office model.
- Develop a learning and development culture and implement leadership development programmes within the province.
- Support the embedding of the organisation’s strategies at provincial level, provide guidance and input on workforce planning, local office streamlining, and succession planning, ensuring that core HR processes are applied appropriately and in a legally compliant manner.
- Implement the performance management policy within the province and ensure a cross-functional elevation of robust performance management practices.
- Develop a high performance and high engagement values centred culture by implementing the Organisational Culture Programme and creating linkages with the Employment Value Proposition and employer brand.
- Implement talent management processes and practices including recruitment, selection, onboarding, training and development and retention within the province.
- Implement employee/industrial relations processes within the province including internal and external dispute resolution, disciplinary and incapacity processes and the management of a constructive relationship with the recognised trade unions at provincial level.
- Implement the provincial Employment Equity Plan in line with the legislation and Legal Aid SA’s five-year plan and the Department of Labour.
- Manage HR operations at the provincial level including pay and leave administration, employee benefits administration and terminations to ensure the achievement of efficiencies, legislative compliance (PFMA and workplace legislation) and mitigation of operational risks by implementing appropriate controls.
- Provide regular accurate human resources management information reports.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised bachelor’s degree in Human Resources.
- Seven (7) years’ HR Generalist experience, with three (3) years at Management level within a geographically spread organisation.
- Registration with a recognised HR Professional Body would be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of the core HR disciplines and how to implement and leverage these within a complex business:
- Compensation, performance management, learning and development
- Talent management (including career development, organisational design and development, employee relations, recruitment and retention)
- Able to create “functional integration” between national, provincial and local office levels.
- Knowledge of the relevant workplace legislation including but not limited to LRA, SDAs, EEA, BCEA and OHSA.
- Willingness to travel and a valid driver’s licence.
ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGE SALARY: R869,007.00 per annum (level 12)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 02 November 2021, quoting the reference number KZN/HRM/15/10/2021 in the subject line to HRMKZN@Legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Tsholofelo Gabela, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online