INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
LEGAL PRACTITIONER – COMMERCIAL CRIMES
NELSPRUIT LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. This position is based in Nelspruit.
- Provide legal representation to indigent accused persons at Regional Court and Commercial Crimes level.
- Maintain accurate statistics.
- Perform office administration.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- LLB (or equivalent) and admitted as an Attorney/Advocate with recognised pupillage.
- At least 7 years post-qualification legal experience (5 years post-admission experience).
- Admitted Attorney/Advocate with a minimum of five (5) years experience in the field of Commercial Crimes.
- Must possess a driver’s licence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as sound interviewing skills.
- Good organising and planning skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- The ability to develop and train people.
- Computer skills.
BASIC SALARY: R510,432.00 plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 16 November 2021, quoting the reference number NELS/LP-CC/29/10/2021 in the subject line to LMPRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Ceboliyazakha Shange, Tel: 013 756 4500
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online