LEGAL PRACTITIONER – CIVIL LEVEL 1
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
GERMISTON LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 13 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Germiston.
- Provide legal representation to indigent accused persons primarily at District Court level.
- Training and supervision of Candidate Attorneys.
- Perform office administration.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Admitted attorney or advocate (the latter must have completed pupilage successfully at an institution recognised by Legal Aid SA).
- Legal representation at District Court level.
- Minimum of at least two (2) years post-qualification experience or upon completion of the relevant training period (OSD salary scale levels 3 and 4).
- LLB degree or equivalent.
- Proven track record in civil defence.
- Valid driver’s licence will be an advantage.
- Right of appearance in High Court an added advantage.
- Communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Analytical thinking.
- Team player.
- Self-development orientation.
BASIC SALARY: R305,973.00 plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 01 March 2022, quoting the reference number GER/LP1/11/02/2022 in the subject line to GPRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Pinky Mjwara, Tel: 011 842 7300
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online