TEMPORARY PROPERTY MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – FINANCE DEPARTMENT
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 13 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a fixed-term contract for a period of 12 months. The position is based in Braamfontein.
Overall responsibility for Legal Aid SA’s Property Portfolio which includes both rented and owned property.
- Assist in drafting reports to the Bid Adjudication Committee or Management for leasing of office accommodation.
- Manage acquisition, refurbishment and lease information to align with what has been agreed upon by landlords and Legal Aid SA.
- Ensure building compliance with building regulations; that landlords adhere to their end of the bargain on maintenance issues.
- Manage record keeping of all property database, contracts and related information.
- Manage internal and external queries on office accommodation and ensure timeous response to the client’s satisfaction.
- Report on a monthly/quarterly basis both verbal and written to all committees and to Management as and when required.
- Liaising with landlords for leased property, service providers and contractors.
- Attending to all operations and maintenance issues for the property portfolio.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Grade 12 (Matric) qualification and a recognised degree/diploma in Real Estate, Property Management/Law.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in property management environment within a national organisation.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a service excellence mindset and building relationships nationally.
- In-depth knowledge of the property management discipline and how to leverage it within a national environment:
- Working knowledge of PFMA regulatory framework, National Treasury Regulations, Legal Aid SA Act, building regulatory requirements, Occupational Health and Safety requirements and other relevant Statutes.
- Working knowledge of the King IV Code of Corporate Governance.
- Functional ability in utilisation of electronic systems and technologies.
- Ability to multitask.
- Able to create ‘functional integration’ between Legal Aid SA’s operational needs and its users.
- Able to partner with Management to support the achievement of strategic goals.
Basic Salary: R470,040.00 per annum (Level 10)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 15 March 2022, quoting the reference number NO/PMA/04/03/2022 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Itumeleng Motaung, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online