SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 13 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Braamfontein.
Manage SCM procurement processes:
- Develop and implement procurement policies and procedures in line with NT, SCM policy, PPPFA and PFMA requirements.
- Develop and implement the Procurement Plan in support of achieving the APP and Capex and Opex Budgets.
- Comply with the National Treasury requirements in all aspects of the SCM processes the unit is responsible for.
- Develop and implement SCM Strategy for meeting turnaround requirements as expected by all stakeholders in line with the related SOPs, providing quality goods and services at competitive prices. Strategy to address PPPFA and B-BBEE legislative requirements. The SCM strategy eliminates the risks of non-compliance vs the risks of slow response to requests.
- Develop procedures to prevent or report on any irregular, unauthorised, fruitless and wasteful expenditure.
- Develop and monitor SCM risk register and provide quarterly reports on progress in the implementation of risk mitigation strategies with estimated risk mitigation accomplishment dates.
- Develop and compile procurement planning in line with NT requirements.
- Communicate and upskill line management on the execution of the Procurement Plan.
- Prepare templates required for the implementation of the Procurement Plan.
Acquisition process management:
- Implement and execute the acquisition process in line with the approved Procurement Plan and Budget.
- Identification and classification of redundant and damaged assets in terms of policy and SOPs.
- Ensure the proper functioning of the disposal committee by engaging the appropriate asset managers in the process to determine the correct disposal methods and procedures.
- Adherence to the GRAP standards and PFMA requirements on all asset management aspects.
Contract and supplier performance management:
- Manage all contracts and supplier performance by applying the supplier performance management tool.
- Assess and evaluate exceptions and disputes between suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of the stakeholder strategy, plan, policies and procedures programme, outputs and deliverables.
- Provide stakeholder advice, expertise, support and assistance to departments and units.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- NQF Level 7 degree in Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience in the Procurement/SCM fields. Preferably in the Public Sector environment.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the PPPFA, PFMA and NT regulations.
- Sound financial and management accounting skills coupled with people development and management skills.
- Able to partner with Executive Management to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective and strategic procurement processes.
- Effective working relationship with other departmental managers.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, management and leadership skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with ambiguity and meet demanding deadlines and manage projects.
- Advanced computer skills including PowerPoint presentations and high level of written and verbal communication.
Basic Salary: R1,073,187 plus benefits per annum (Level 13)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 29 April 2022, quoting the reference number SCM/NO/01/04/2022 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Siphesihle Molefe, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer /promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
Please login/register to apply online