SUPERVISORY LEGAL PRACTITIONER – CIVIL
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
QUEENSTOWN LOCAL OFFICE (LAND RIGHTS MANAGEMENT UNIT)
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 13 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA Queenstown Local Office and the successful candidate will be required to travel.
- Train, supervise and guide Candidate Attorneys.
- Co-ordinate legal training at the office.
- Provide individual mentoring and coaching for Legal Practitioners and Candidate Attorneys.
- Assess the quality of the files and work performed by Candidate Attorneys and Legal Practitioners daily.
- Assist the Head of Office with quality assessments.
- Monitor case flow management of Legal Practitioners, Candidate Attorneys and Judicare practitioners at court.
- Assess the quality of Judicare work.
- Monitor and assess the quality of work performed by Co-operation Partners.
- Legal representation in civil matters.
- Ensure that the law library at the office is up to date and adequate.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- B Proc or LLB.
- Admitted attorney.
- At least seven years’ post-admission legal experience.
- Experience as a Senior Legal Practitioner or equivalent preferable.
- Legal Quality Assurance score of not less than 90%.
- Must be able to mentor and supervise.
- Legal representation and litigation skills.
- Human rights orientation.
- A commitment to professionalism and service excellence.
- A valid code 08 driver’s licence compulsory.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong research capabilities.
- Good administrative skills.
- Strong training and development skills.
Salary Package: SU – 1 R859,749.00 all-inclusive package per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 04 July 2022, quoting the reference number QUE/LRU/SLP-CIVIL/17/06/2022 in the subject line to ECRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Thenjiwe Magazi, Tel: 041 363 8863
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN 2 MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online