INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 13 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Braamfontein.
- To provide counselling to employees experiencing behavioural, social and coping difficulties and, where appropriate, facilitate the referral for external counselling or medical services.
- Administer, manage and implement an integrated Employee Wellness/Assistance Programme.
- Ensure referral, management and follow-up of all types of personal problems that could interfere with job performance and overall employee wellbeing.
- Provide management consultation to assist supervisors/management with employee’s job performance, absenteeism and conduct problems.
- Provide advice and guidance to management and staff on related matters.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation of the Service Level Agreement (SLA) with the external service provider.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Generate, consolidate and submit reports and statistics.
- Act as custodian of, and oversee, the Employee Assistance Programme/Wellness Policy and provide inputs for amendments to the EAP/Wellness Policy.
- Benchmark EAP/Wellness practices to ensure a best practice EAP for Legal Aid SA staff.
- Administer and co-ordinate related wellness activities.
- Promote health awareness and the facilitation of health-related events, activities and interventions (Wellness Day, HIV/AIDS, et cetera).
- Devise and implement appropriate intervention programmes aimed at effectively mitigating the occupation-specific vicarious trauma risk confronting legal services professionals.
- Oversee the implementation of the Legal Aid SA Chronic Illness including HIV/Aids Programme and provide professional support.
- Training of Peer Educators.
- Provision of trauma debriefing to employees.
- Support employee engagement and workplace climate management programmes by proactively identifying potential drivers of disengagement and contributing psychological best practice improvements to set programmes.
- Administering of psychometric test and provision of feedback thereafter.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Master’s Degree in Clinical/Counselling/Industrial Psychology.
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa is essential.
- Minimum of 3 years’ post-HPCSA registration experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the Human Resources function and project management principles and how to facilitate this within the organisation.
- Proficient in the application of the following:
- Psychometric and competency assessments
- Programme management
- Research, report compilation, analysis and presentation experience
- Individual and group counselling
- Functional ability in utilisation of electronic Human Resources systems and technologies.
- The ability to build effective working relationships with business partners together with the ability to win the trust of employees.
- Able to create functional integration between the organisation and its employees.
- Ability to implement best practice and work effectively with the employees of the organisation.
- Able to partner with the Human Resources Executive to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective support processes.
- Effective working relationship with the Human Resources Executive, Senior Managers and Executives.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with ambiguity and meet demanding deadlines and manage projects.
- Consulting skills and a collaborative style are necessary for this position.
- Advanced people skills, as well as conflict management skills, are necessary.
- Sound mental health and ability to work under pressure.
Basic Salary: Level 11 (R744,255.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 12 July 2022, quoting the reference number PSY/24/06/2022 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Siphesihle Molefe, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN 2 MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online