INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
EXECUTIVE PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 13 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Braamfontein.
Accountable for the provision of senior-level, efficient and effective personal secretarial services for the Chief Operations Officer of Legal Aid SA.
KEY OUTPUTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
I. Provide office support services and uphold the office of the Chief Operations Officer competently and professionally including managing and maintaining:
- typing and distribution of documents.
- incoming and outgoing mail, e-mail and telephone calls.
- electronic and manual filing system.
- office and infrastructure.
- petty cash.
- procurement requirements of the COO Office.
- Fixed Assets Register of the COO Office.
II. Provide administrative support for the COO’s activity, meetings and travel, including:
- COO’s diary.
- travel and accommodation of the COO.
- compile documents as required by the COO.
III. Arrange and manage meetings of the COO, including the taking of minutes as required.
IV. Ensure that the COO’s interactions with Management and staff are managed professionally, including:
- liaise and interact with all levels of Management and employees.
- maintain attendance registers, leave reconciles, executive compliance and other submissions from Executives.
- maintaining confidential records as required.
V. Managing interactions with various stakeholders including:
- liaising and interacting with all levels of Management and employees.
- managing interaction/correspondence with clients and external stakeholders.
VI. Perform other related duties as required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Grade 12 with a Secretarial Diploma.
- A senior practitioner with five (5) years practical Secretarial experience and/or acting as a Personal Assistant to Executives, within a complex organisation.
- In-depth knowledge of the core secretarial function and how to implement within the Office of the COO and leverage these within a complex business environment:
- Working knowledge of the Constitution, PFMA, National Treasury Regulations, Legal Aid SA Act and other relevant Statutes.
- Working knowledge of King IV code of Corporate Governance.
- Functional ability in utilisation of electronic secretarial systems and technologies.
- Able to create functional integration between the Office of the COO and Executives.
- Ability to implement best practices and work effectively with Executive Management.
- Able to partner with Executive Management to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective secretarial support processes.
- Effective working relationship with the COO and Executive Management.
- Excellent analytical, organisational skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with ambiguity and meet demanding deadlines and manage projects.
- Consulting skills and a collaborative style is necessary for this position. Basic financial and people skills are necessary.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a service excellence mindset and building relationships between the COO and Executives.
- Experience in strategic and business planning and monitoring and reporting.
BASIC SALARY: LEVEL 8 R321,543.00 per annum plus benefits.
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 23 August 2022, quoting the reference number NO/PA-COO/03/08/2022 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Debra Langa: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN 2 MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online