INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
LADYSMITH LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 13 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Ladysmith with travel required to surrounding areas.
- Manage the office processes in respect of finance, human resources, communications and legal administration within a matrix environment.
- Manage administrative functions from a compliance and operational effectiveness approach.
- Management of the local office Manual and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the local office and advise on application.
- Ensure the implementation of new/revised Policies and Procedures and monitor adherence thereof.
- Together with the management team, identify risks facing the office and ensure effective mitigation against such risks.
- Management oversight of BI reports to accurately reflect the status of strategy implementation.
- Management and monitoring of local office contracts to ensure compliance and value for money.
- Management and monitoring of the correct use of petty cash.
- Management of infrastructure and fixed assets.
- Manage procurement and payments (sourcing quotes from suppliers, processing of invoices, orders, et cetera).
- Management of over and under expenditure to ensure budgetary control.
- Efficient vehicle and fleet management.
- Manage a diverse team to ensure efficiencies and accountability.
- A recognised National Senior/Matric certificate, and three (3) year Financial Management/Accounting tertiary qualification (NQF 6). Supply Chain Management qualification will be advantageous.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- 5 years’ administrative experience.
- 2 years’ management experience.
- Supply Chain Management experience.
- Understanding and application of computer software packages.
- Ability to develop and implement operational plans.
- Leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Resource and risk management.
- Business writing and project management skills.
- Ability to compile and interpret reports and statistics.
- Knowledge of the core administration, human resources, communication and financial disciplines and how to implement and leverage these within a matrix business environment: for example; working knowledge of the Constitution, PFMA, National Treasury Regulations, Legal Aid SA Act and other relevant Statutes.
- Working knowledge of all employment-related Acts and functional ability in utilisation of electronic systems and technologies.
Basic Salary: Level 10 (R477,090.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 30 August 2022, quoting the reference number LAD/AM/12/08/2022 in the subject line to KZNRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Sinakho Mrwetyana, Tel: 031 717 8450
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online