PROVINCIAL FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
LIMPOPO/MPUMALANGA PROVINCIAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 13 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA Limpopo/Mpumalanga Provincial Office in Polokwane.
- To lead and manage provincial finance efficiently and effectively.
- Preparation and maintenance of the annual budgets for the province.
- Compilation of monthly deviation reports and quarterly Medium-Term Expenditure Projections for the province.
- Compile monthly statistics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) reports for the province.
- Liaise with the National Office Finance Department on aspects of financial management, reports and other related matters.
- Training of Admin Managers and employees on various financial policies, procedures and processes within which Legal Aid SA operates.
- Review budget versus actual expenditure to monitor that budget obligations are being met.
- Provide support to the Local Offices within the province.
- Ensure availability of funds and compliance with prescribed policies and procedures.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A three (3) year recognised tertiary qualification in Finance and Accounting (e.g., Bcom with Accounting as a major).
- More than five (5) years’ relevant work experience in finance with minimum three (3) years’ experience in a management role within a complex organisation.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a service excellence mindset and building relationships within the organisation as a whole.
- A sophisticated collaborative style is advantageous.
- Project management experience is necessary however not essential.
SALARY: Level 12 (R882,042.00) all-inclusive package per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 04 October 2022, quoting the reference number LMP/PFAM/16/09/2022 in the subject line to LMPRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Prescilla Nwandule, Tel: 015 296 0117
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online