LABOUR RELATIONS OFFICER
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for thirteen (13) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill in the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Braamfontein and is subject to travel across the national footprint.
- To provide complete support, coordination and implementation of all labour/employee relations initiatives/interventions, in order to ensure consistent, fair labour practises and compliance with labour legislation to foster industrial peace.
- Provision of labour/employee relations support/initiatives and interventions.
- Promoting and maintaining sound employer and employee relations in line with statutory requirements and best practice.
- Facilitate the management of discipline, grievances, incapacity and dispute resolution.
- Capacity building of line management and employees on labour/employee relations and legislation.
- Ensure, monitor and verify compliance with labour law.
- Foster constructive relations with trade unions.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised three (3) year tertiary qualification in Labour Relations or Human Resources Management, or an equivalent qualification. A postgraduate qualification in Labour Relations will be an added advantage.
- At least a minimum of three (3) years of experience in labour relations/employee relations including working in an unionised environment and a minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory position.
- Labour relations skills with a proven track record of facilitating internal disciplinary, incapacity and grievance processes, and appearance before external dispute resolution bodies such as the CCMA and other related forums.
- Workplace knowledge and understanding of labour laws with proven up-to-date knowledge of relevant case law.
- Ability to research and implement best practices.
- Computer literacy, project management, analysis, report compilation and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently.
BASIC SALARY: Level 10 (R470,040.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 22 November 2022, quoting the reference number NO-LABOUR/04/11/2022 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Phaphama Mshuqwana, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online