INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
TEMPORARY – ADMINISTRATION OFFICER TO ASSIST PERSON WITH DISABILITY
ALIWAL NORTH LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for thirteen (13) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a temporary basis (1-year contract). This position is based in Aliwal North.
- The Admin Officer will report to the Admin Manager and provide functional assistance to an employee with a disability, thus enabling him to deliver competently on his position’s responsibilities.
- Writing down consultation notes.
- Accompanying the Attorney to courts and prisons.
- Doing MARs (Matter Activity Reports) and opening new and closing files.
- Updating matters exceeding turnaround time.
- Writing down detailed Trial Notes and managing the practitioner’s diary for appointments and court dates.
- Day-to-day management and administration of the practitioner’s activities in order to ensure that the practitioner meets quality requirements and standards.
- Perform other Admin duties as directed by Management (as per the signed performance contract).
- Perform other reasonable work-related duties incidental to the integration of the employee with disability within the workplace.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- National Senior/Matric certificate.
- A minimum of one (1) year of relevant administrative experience.
- Understanding and application of basic computer software packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- A valid unendorsed driver’s licence.
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 12 December 2022, quoting the reference number ALIW-TAO/25/11/2022 in the subject line to ECRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Thembela Boco, Tel: 051 633 2530
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online