DATA UNIT MANAGER – LAND RIGHTS MANAGEMENT UNIT
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for thirteen (13) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Braamfontein.
- To develop, customise, manage and co-ordinate the reporting function of the Land Rights Management component of Legal Aid South Africa, including the collection, collation, analysis, reporting and publishing of statistical data on behalf of the Land Rights Management Unit, as well as some reporting functions of other departments.
- To play a champion role in driving the Business Intelligence (BI) enhancement programme to ensure that it is aligned to deliver information that is essential to the strategic priorities of our organisation.
- Display insight into the Board’s strategic direction and priorities in relation to legal service delivery.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of Legal Aid SA by managing and ensuring the efficient drawing of data to highlight challenges in our service delivery programme.
- Manage and co-ordinate the Data Unit at the Land Rights Management Unit to become a resource partner to the Provincial, Local Office and National Office Departments.
- Manage, develop and co-ordinate the efficient compilation of daily, monthly, quarterly and annual delivery and other operational statistical reports from the existing Legal Aid SA databases on behalf of the Legal Executive: Land Rights Management.
- Develop/design and implement data collection tools/software to efficiently extract information from decentralised Legal Aid SA offices for national consolidation using web-based designs.
- Provide day-to-day advice and support to users in respect of the above.
- Maintain the dynamic look up tables on Legal Aid SA’s computer system.
- Design/analyse BI reports for the Land Rights Management Unit as required, including the identification of system enhancements and new system developments.
- Refine and maintain the Land Rights Management Unit’s database and develop reports as required.
- Partner with Justice Cluster stakeholders to ensure the development of integrated/comparable management information.
- Ensure efficient and effective knowledge management and sharing of information.
- Compile any other relevant reports for the Legal Executive as required.
- Management, training and mentoring of all positions reporting to the Data Unit Manager in the Land Rights Management Unit.
- Monitor and analyse existing and newly developed systems as well as reports to identify shortcomings and ensure data integrity.
- Develop and maintain the BI tools.
- Develop own effectiveness in the Information Systems environment.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- National Senior/Matric certificate plus B Degree in Computer Science or equivalent (NQF 7).
- A postgraduate degree in Computer Science will be advantageous.
- Six (6) years of relevant work experience within a complex organisation.
- Three (3) years experience at middle management level.
- Two (2) years or more experience in Microsoft SQL 2014 or higher.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a service excellence mindset and building relationships within the organisation as a whole.
- Experience in strategic and business planning and monitoring and reporting.
- A sophisticated collaborative style is advantageous.
- Project management experience is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of data management and business processes and how to implement and leverage these within a complex business environment.
- Above average functional ability in the utilisation of electronic systems and technologies.
- Able to create functional integration between Local Office, Provincial Office and National Office departments and the organisation as a whole.
- Ability to benchmark against national leading practice and work with the Executive Management Committee to develop the organisation’s information management practice.
- Able to partner with the Legal Executive to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective information-mining processes.
- Effective working relationship with the Executive Management Committee.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, management and leadership skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with ambiguity and meet demanding deadlines and manage projects.
- Information technology and HR management skills to manage the Data Unit.
SALARY: Level 13 (R1,105,383.00) all-inclusive package per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 13 December 2022, quoting the reference number NO/DAT-LRM/25/11/2022 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Blanche Gouws, Tel: 011 877 2025
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online