INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organization has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for thirteen (13) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Braamfontein.
- Classify alleged incidents into fraud, corruption, maladministration, employee misconduct and all other relevant breaches of laws/policies.
- Reach an understanding with the client about the scope and limitations of the fraud examination and the responsibilities of all parties involved.
- Determine the purpose, objectives and approach of an investigation.
- Identify and interview relevant personnel who will be of assistance in an investigation and the alleged perpetrator.
- Investigate allegations of irregularities including fraud in line with policies, procedures and legislation and/or in line with the department’s methodology.
- Identify and request relevant documents and all exhibits and annexures to support the results of investigations including findings raised in the report.
- Will obtain evidence or other documentation to establish a reasonable basis for any opinion rendered. No opinion shall be expressed regarding the guilt or innocence of any person or party.
- Shall not reveal any confidential information obtained during a professional engagement without proper authorisation.
- Will reveal all material matters discovered during the course of an examination, which, if omitted, could cause a distortion of the facts.
- Provide assistance with regard to disciplinary enquiries, as may be requested by management.
- Give evidence on behalf of Legal Aid SA, in criminal and civil matters, when the need arises.
- Provide an analysis of the impact assessment of fraud incidents and control environment.
- Create and implement Legal Aid SA’s fraud awareness and promote ethics and prevention programmes internally through different mediums.
- Compilation of comprehensive draft reports on all investigated incidences, which should include findings and recommendations for review by a Forensic Audit Supervisor.
- Compilation and maintenance of an investigating register and Forensic Findings Register.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders during the investigation process, which includes internal and external staff, management as well as the SAPS.
- Assist the Forensic Audit Supervisor with quarterly performance reports to the Audit Committee and provide input into the Management and Board reports.
- Follow up on the recommended courses of action to ascertain if they were implemented and update the investigations register.
- Assist the Forensic Audit Supervisor with the annual review of the Forensic Methodology, Standard Operating Procedures and other governance instruments.
- Do not disclose confidential or privileged information obtained during the course of a fraud examination without the express permission of a proper authority (CEO) or the lawful order of a court. Uphold the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners – an association of professionals committed to performing at the highest level of ethical conduct. Members of the association pledge themselves to act with integrity and to perform their work in a professional manner.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Three (3) year qualification with courses in Accounting, Auditing, Internal Auditing or Law. Membership of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners will be advantageous.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in investigation/prosecution as well as giving evidence in court.
- In-depth knowledge of forensic auditing and corporate governance disciplines and how to implement and leverage these within a complex business environment:
- Working knowledge of PFMA, POCA, POPI, RICA, National Treasury Regulations, Legal Aid SA Act and other relevant Statutes.
- Working knowledge of the King IV Code of Corporate Governance.
- Functional ability in the utilisation of electronic internal auditing systems and technologies.
- Investigation/prosecution experience and knowledge of court procedures and functions.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework for the Public Finance Management Act, Treasury Regulations, POCA, POPI, RICA and Public Service Act and Regulations.
- Able to partner with Forensic Audit Supervisor, Internal Audit Executive and management to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective forensic auditing processes.
- Business acumen and the ability to deal with ambiguity, meet demanding deadlines and manage projects.
- Development of skills in at least one audit area, i.e., Data Analytics, Computer and Internal Audit.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence and be willing to travel to other provinces.
BASIC SALARY: Level 9 (R393,711.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 31 January 2023, quoting the reference number FA/13/01/2023 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Phaphama Mshuqwana, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online