INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
RUSTENBURG LOCAL OFFICE (LAND RIGHTS MANAGEMENT UNIT)
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for thirteen (13) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Rustenburg.
- To provide administrative and secretarial support to the civil unit in accordance with Legal Aid SA policies, procedures and standards.
- Carry out the civil units’ administrative function effectively.
- Provide efficient secretarial support to the civil unit.
- Obtain, source, type, proofread, make copies and distribute according to instructions received.
- Co-ordinate and monitor all civil units’ administrative matters.
- Participate and provide support to implement an effective filing and diary system to ensure that the civil unit addresses matters on behalf of clients and the availability of the practitioner.
- Assist legal practitioners with all ancillary matters to the preparation and presentation of cases.
- Develop and maintain a system to ensure that receipt of documents emanating from other units and/or offices is acknowledged.
- Develop a system to ensure that documents received from opponent attorneys are received and distributed to the relevant practitioner, timeously.
- Develop a system to record sensitive documents and to ensure same-day distribution of these documents.
- Gather the required information and arrange for consultative interviews.
- Assist with the completion of routine forms for legal practitioners and ensure that they are submitted for approval.
- Maintain and update meeting schedules.
- Maintain record keeping and filing system.
- Ensure that reports and documentation are timeously sent/delivered to the relevant people.
- Ensure that physical assets are reconciled to each individual office list at the office on a monthly basis.
- Maintenance and issuing of stationery in accordance with relevant Legal Aid SA procedures.
- Maintain attendance registers in accordance with the Legal Aid SA Human Resources Policy.
- Maintain a register of mail items and court documents sent by Docex and track their delivery.
- Maintain a register of documents sent to the High Court Unit, Strategic Litigation Unit and Senior Litigator.
- Maintain a list with regular fax numbers and double-check with customers to determine full instructions for handling of faxes with full adherence to customer instructions.
- Always attach successful transmission reports to sent faxes.
- Attend to photocopying and binding of documents as required.
- Attend to the proper allocation of duplication/stationery costs as per Legal Aid SA policies/procedures.
- Assist with the accurate completion of practitioner Matter Activity Reports (MARs) and updating of any web pages designed to capture information for the civil unit.
- Keep handy the complete list of all relevant contact numbers for office personnel and major customers/role players at all times.
- Adhere to proper telephone etiquette and accurate taking and conveying of messages at all times.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- National Senior/Matric certificate.
- Minimum one (1) year of relevant admin and secretarial experience within a legal environment.
- Understanding and application of basic computer software packages.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
BASIC SALARY: Level 5 (R181,599.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 31 January 2023, quoting the reference number RUSTEN/LS/13/01/2023 in the subject line to FSNWRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Donald Ramalefo, Tel: 014 592 3190
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online