INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
WELKOM LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for fourteen (14) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Welkom.
- Support the office’s legal staff by providing paralegal services to people qualifying for legal aid.
- Identify and solve matters that are not of a litigious nature.
- Identify cases of a litigious nature and hand over to Legal Practitioners.
- Handle legal administration.
- Keep the client database up to date.
- Conduct interviews with people applying for legal assistance.
- Assist clients with the completion of forms.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES)
- National Senior/Matric certificate and a one (1) year Paralegal qualification.
- Computer literacy.
- Experience in land rights matters.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to relate at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- A valid unendorsed code 8 driver’s licence is an advantage.
BASIC SALARY: Level 6 (R218,064.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 07 March 2023, quoting the reference number WEL/PAR/17/02/2023 in the subject line to FSNWRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Annette Densum, Tel: 057 357 2847
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online