PARALEGAL – CLIENT CALL CENTRE x 2
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE (LEGAL DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT)
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for fourteen (14) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition (EVP) with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from suitable persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be expected to sign a performance contract. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Braamfontein.
- To ensure immediate response to client telephone call enquiries, complaints and/or concerns and provide advice, guidance and assistance on how to resolve the issue and/or assist client to resolve their legal problem.
- Receive telephone calls for immediate response and record them on the logging system.
- Obtain adequate information from clients on support required from the Call Centre.
- Guide client/representative to gain insight into the problem and advise the client on alternative ways to deal with the problem in line with legal best practice and principles.
- Refer the client for appropriate legal assistance based on the information obtained during the interview (internally or externally) or proficiently act on behalf of the person to solve general non-litigation/advice matters such as dealing with delayed pension payouts, non-delivery of ID documents, et cetera.
- Maintain accurate notes on the outcome of matters at all times as per the stipulated Call Centre format.
- Ensure proper diarising of files and keep concise file notes for matters requiring follow-up and ensure timely follow-up of these matters.
- Call clients for feedback on the quality of legal services and advice provided by legal practitioners and Call Centre agents.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- National Senior/Matric certificate plus a Diploma in Paralegal and/or Legal Assistant one (1) year qualification.
- Computer literacy.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to relate at all levels.
- Proficient verbal and written communication in English, Afrikaans and other South African languages.
- A valid unendorsed code 8 driver’s licence is an advantage.
BASIC SALARY: Level 6 (R218,064.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 21 March 2023, quoting the reference number NO-LD/PAR/03/03/2023 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Blanche Gouws, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online