INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN (NATIONAL OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT)
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation fourteen (14) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Braamfontein.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Become a resource partner to the Provinces, Local Offices and National Office Departments, under the management of the Data Unit Manager.
- Efficient compilation of daily, monthly, quarterly and annual delivery and other operational statistical reports from the existing Legal Aid SA databases on behalf of the Data Unit Manager.
- Assist in the development/design and implement data collection tools/software, under the leadership of the Data Unit Manager, to efficiently extract information from decentralised Legal Aid SA offices for national consolidation using web-based designs.
- Provide day-to-day support to users in respect of the above.
- Assist in the maintenance of the dynamic lookup tables on Legal Aid SA’s computer system.
- Refine and maintain the National Operations Department’s database and develop reports as required.
- Ensure the efficient and effective sharing of information.
- Compile any other relevant reports for the Data Unit Manager as required.
- Play an active role in monitoring and analysing existing and newly developed systems as well as reports to identify shortcomings and ensure data integrity.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Business Intelligence tools.
- Develop own effectiveness in the Data Unit environment.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- National Senior/Matric certificate plus a three (3) year tertiary qualification (computer qualification preferable).
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience within a complex organisation.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a service excellence mindset.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting.
- A sophisticated collaborative style is advantageous.
- In-depth knowledge of data mining and information management and how to implement and leverage these within a complex business environment.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL, data access and reporting tools.
- Above average functional ability in the utilisation of electronic systems and technologies.
- Able to create “functional integration” within the organisation as a whole.
- Ability to benchmark against national leading practices and work with the Data Unit Manager to develop the organisation’s information management practices.
- Effective working relationship with the Data Unit Manager.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to deal with ambiguity, meet demanding deadlines and manage projects.
- Proficiency in T-SQL, MS Reporting Services, Excel and Power BI.
BASIC SALARY: Level 10 (R527,298.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 06 June 2023 quoting the reference number NO/RW/12/05/2023 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Blanche Gouws, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online