INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE (FINANCE DEPARTMENT)
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for fourteen (14) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested in filling in the above-mentioned position. This position is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Braamfontein.
- Administer payroll process to ensure accurate and efficient output.
- Manage the timeous, accurate and efficient cost distribution of Legal Aid SA’s salaries and related benefits in conformance with employment and benefits practices and accounting procedures.
- Administer payments of salaries and all third-party payments.
- Provide all relevant information for the purpose of preparing payroll-related general ledger reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Oversee the preparation and reconciliation of all statutory payroll reports.
- Reconciling and submission of tax certificates.
- Interpretation of organisational employment policies and Government regulations in connection with payroll activities and making recommendations on modifications to Senior Management as appropriate.
- Interface with HR Administration regarding the processing of all garnishee orders and stop orders.
- Interface with HR Administration regarding the processing of all deductions in payroll.
- Maintain all payroll records, reports, records, computations and audits, working closely with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with relevant tax laws, Government regulations and internal policies.
- Work closely with the MIS on developing payroll applications that ensure internal controls and facilitate the implementation and maintenance of payroll and HR master data.
- Assist the SAP and HR Manager with all payroll UATs.
- Supervise payroll staff and provide ongoing assistance to the organisation’s employees in all payroll matters.
- Develop and maintain remuneration schedules in accordance with legislature.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A three (3) year degree qualification in Finance or Human Resources Management.
- More than five (5) years of payroll experience plus three (3) years of managerial experience.
- Additionally, three (3) years of SAP experience in Payroll and HR modules.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a service excellence mindset and building relationships within the organisation as a whole.
- A sophisticated collaborative style is advantageous.
- Service excellence imperative.
- Multi-level and diverse stakeholders.
- Complexity in co-ordinating across organisational levels.
- Networking with relevant internal stakeholders – Local Offices, Provincial Offices and within the organisation as a whole.
- In-depth knowledge of the SAP Payroll System and how to implement and leverage these within a matrix business environment:
- Working knowledge of the PFMA, National Treasury Regulations, Legal Aid SA Act and all other relevant Employment Statutes;
- Functional ability in the utilisation of electronic systems and technologies.
- Able to create “functional integration” within the Finance Department, National Office Departments and Local Offices.
- Able to partner with the Finance Executive and Senior Management to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective support administrative processes.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, management and leadership skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with ambiguity and meet demanding deadlines.
- Financial and HR Management skills to manage the Payroll function within Legal Aid SA.
SALARY: Level 11 (R811,560.00) all-inclusive package per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 12 September 2023, quoting the reference number NO/PM/25/08/2023 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Morwesi Tsotetsi, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online