INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES (ICT) AUDITOR
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE (INTERNAL AUDIT DEPARTMENT)
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for fourteen (14) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Braamfontein.
- Scheduling of all planning logistics for audit projects allocated.
- To conduct audit reviews and evaluations on internal controls, control self-assessments, risk management, corporate governance practices, adequacy and effectiveness of controls within Legal Aid SA and rendering related advice to Management.
- Prepare Risk and Controls Matrix and evaluate the adequacy of controls.
- Download data from the systems being audited and perform data analysis using auditing software such as ACL.
- Compiling detailed Audit Programmes for all activities that form part of an audit under the supervision of the ICT Audit Manager.
- Co-ordinate the execution of the Audit Programmes for specific audits.
- Conducting entry and exit meetings during audits.
- Drafting audit reports for review by the ICT Audit Manager in accordance with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Capturing all project working papers on TeamMate.
- Identifying risks and ensuring that the supporting Audit Programme is risk-based.
- Determine the sampling methodology to be used for the Audit Programme and sample sizes.
- Ensuring the maximum utilisation of Inventory Database for Environmental Analysis (IDEA) and TeamMate software and resolving all troubleshooting issues.
- Ensuring quality of audit working papers and completion of all audit projects within the stipulated timeframes.
- Reporting and ensuring that all fieldwork and delivery challenges are resolved timeously.
- Perform audit fieldwork for more complicated areas and document the process flow and audit evidence on TeamMate.
- Discussion of more complex exceptions with the Auditee, involving system and legislative issues, and documentation of both exceptions and findings.
- Identification of areas that require specialist intervention.
- Conducting standard and governance audits including ad hoc and special projects.
- Assisting the ICT Audit Manager as and when required, in compiling the Findings Register, Tracking Schedules, heat maps and charts.
- Conduct performance reviews of all subordinates.
- Recommend leave and appropriate training to the ICT Audit Manager.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES)
- A recognised three (3) year degree/diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, Commerce or equivalent at NQF Level 6/7 or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years of IT auditing experience. Scope of experience should include IT General Controls Reviews and Application Controls Review.
- Data analytics experience is essential.
- Certifications such as CISA, CGEIT, CRISC or CISM will be an added advantage.
- SAP auditing experience will be an advantage.
- Network security/vulnerable testing experience will be an advantage.
- Membership of the ISACA and Institute of Internal Auditors will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of TeamMate audit software.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Communication (written, verbal, listening) skills.
- Basic business management skills.
- IT Audit frameworks (e.g., COBIT, ITIL, ISO2700 et cetera).
- International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- In-depth knowledge of the computer auditing and governance disciplines and how to implement and leverage these within a complex business environment:
- Working knowledge of ITIL, ISACA, SAICA, IIA, PFMA, National Treasury Regulations, Legal Aid SA Act and other relevant Statutes.
- Working knowledge of King IV Code of Corporate Governance.
- Functional ability in the utilisation of electronic computer auditing systems and technologies including Excel, ACL and TeamMate.
- The ability to write SQL scripts will be an added advantage.
- Able to create “functional integration” within the organisation as a whole.
- Ability to benchmark against national leading practice and work with Senior Management to develop the organisation’s Information Systems governance practice.
- Effective working relationship with the Internal Audit Executive and team members.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, management and leadership skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with ambiguity and meet demanding deadlines and manage projects.
BASIC SALARY: Level 9 (R424,104.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business 05 December 2023, quoting the reference number NO/ICT/17/11/2023 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Morwesi Tsotetsi, Tel: 011 877 2000
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online