REGIONAL COURT LEGAL PRACTITIONER SPECIALISED COMMERCIAL CRIMES
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
GERMISTON LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine (9) provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for fourteen (14) consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employee Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Germiston.
- Provide criminal legal aid to the poor in specialised commercial crimes courts including all coverage areas of the unit.
- Handling of specialised commercial crimes matters.
- Supervise and guide criminal Candidate Attorneys and Paralegals.
- Assist in providing support and assistance to the specialised commercial crime sections of the office in the designated cluster.
- Representing Legal Aid SA’s clients in all commercial crimes matters.
- Perform office administration.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Admitted Attorney/Advocate (the latter must have completed pupillage successfully at an institution recognised by Legal Aid SA).
- LLB or B Proc degree.
- At least (5) five years’ post-admission criminal experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical ability and excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Self-development orientation.
- A valid code 8 driver’s licence is an advantage.
BASIC SALARY: LP 5 (R570,921.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 30 January 2024, quoting the reference number GERM/RCLP-CC/12/01/2024 in the subject line to GPRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Kedibone Thinda, Tel: 012 664 2921
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.
APPLICANTS NOT CONTACTED WITHIN TWO (2) MONTHS MAY CONSIDER THEIR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.
Please login/register to apply online