INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
EMPANGENI LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA, accredited Top Employer SA for 10 consecutive years – is a credible employer of choice. Its culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. The organisation is a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal services to the poor and vulnerable. The organisation has a national footprint. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Empangeni with travelling required to surrounding areas.
• Manage the Local Office processes in respect of finance, human resources, communications and legal administration within a matrix environment.
• Manage administrative functions from a compliance and operational effectiveness approach.
• Management of the Local Office Manual and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the Local Office and advise on application.
• Ensure the implementation of new/revised Policies and Procedures and monitor adherence thereof.
• Together with the management team, identify risks facing the Local Office and ensure effective mitigation against such risks.
• Management oversight of BI reports to accurately reflect the status of strategy implementation.
• Management and monitoring of Local Office contracts to ensure compliance and value for money.
• Management and monitoring of the correct use of petty cash.
• Management of infrastructure and fixed assets.
• Manage procurement and payments (sourcing quotes from suppliers, processing of invoices, orders, etc.).
• Management of over and under expenditure to ensure budgetary control.
• Efficient vehicle and fleet management.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
• Grade 12 plus 3 years relevant tertiary qualification.
• A valid driver’s license.
• 5 years administrative experience.
• 2 years relevant management experience.
• Understanding and application of basic computer software packages.
• Ability to develop and implement operational plans.
• Leadership and problem solving skills.
• Resource and risk management.
• Business writing skills.
• Ability to compile reports and statistics.
Basic Salary: R 470,040.00 per annum (Level 10)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 30 July 2019, quoting the reference number EMP/AM/12/07/2019 in the subject line to KZNRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Baboo Brijlal: 031 717 8450
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online