INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
PARALEGAL CALL CENTRE AGENT
NATIONAL OFFICE, BRAAMFONTEIN
Legal Aid SA is a national public entity, a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal services to poor and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint. Legal Aid SA is an accredited Top Employer SA for 10 consecutive years – a credible employer of choice. Its culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the Legal Aid SA National Office in Braamfontein.
To ensure immediate response to client telephone call enquiries, complaints and/or concerns and provide advice, guidance and assistance on how to resolve the issue and/or to assist clients to resolve their legal problem.
- Receive telephone calls for immediate response and record on the logging system.
- Obtain adequate information from clients on support required from the Call Centre.
- Guide client/representative to gain insight into the problem and advise clients on alternative ways to deal with the problem in line with legal best practice and principles.
- Refer clients for appropriate legal assistance based on the information obtained during the interview (internally or externally) or proficiently act on behalf of the person to solve general non-litigation/advice matters such as dealing with delays with pension payouts, non-delivery of ID documents, etc.
- Maintain accurate notes on outcomes of matters at all times as per stipulated Call Centre format.
- Ensure proper diarising of files and keep concise file notes for matters requiring follow up and ensure timely follow up of these matters.
- Call clients for feedback on quality of legal services and advice provided by Legal Practitioners and Call Centre agents.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Grade 12 certificate.
- A recognised Legal/Paralegal qualification.
- Three (3) years’ experience as an Advisor/Paralegal.
- Must be proficient in English as well as isiZulu.
SALARY: LEVEL 6 (R208,584.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 06 August 2019, quoting the reference number NO-PAR/19/07/2019 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Itumeleng Motaung, Tel: 011 877 2000
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SOUTH AFRICA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT.
Please login/register to apply online