INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
LEGAL PRACTITIONER – HIGH COURT
MAFIKENG LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a national public entity, a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy providing quality legal services to poor and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint. Legal Aid SA is an accredited Top Employer SA for 10 consecutive years – a credible employer of choice. Its culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Mafikeng.
- Provide legal representation to indigent accused persons at High Court level.
- Training and supervision of Candidate Attorneys.
- Perform office administration.
- Represent women, children and landless people in civil matters.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Admitted attorney or advocate (the latter must have completed pupilage successfully at an institution recognised by Legal Aid SA).
- Legal representation at High Court level.
- Minimum of at least seven years’ post-qualification experience of which five years must be post-admission experience.
- A minimum of four years’ High Court experience/or a minimum of six years’ Regional Court experience.
- LLB degree.
- Proven track record in criminal defence.
- Valid driver’s license will be an advantage.
- Right of appearance in High Court.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Analytical thinking.
- Team player.
- Self-development orientation.
Salary: R 763,212.00 all-inclusive package per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on
Enquiries to Bontle Mochwaedi, Tel: 018 381 1096
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SOUTH AFRICA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT.
Please login/register to apply online