BOARD SECRETARIAT ADMIN OFFICER
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN
Legal Aid SA is a national public entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to poor and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint. Legal Aid SA is an accredited Top Employer SA for 11 consecutive years – a credible employer of choice. Its culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Braamfontein.
To provide administrative support to the Board Secretariat Department in accordance with Legal Aid SA policies, procedures and standards.
- Efficiently and accurately maintaining the record keeping and filing system as per standard operating procedures.
- Assist and provide administrative support to Board Secretariat Department.
- Creating Requisitions/Purchase Orders and processing payment of suppliers and Board members.
- Coordinate and distribute reports and other documentation in support of Board Secretariat Department.
- Ensure that physical assets are reconciled to each individual office list on a monthly basis.
- Ensure proper maintenance of registers, including mail, register of interest, website, schedule of SOPS/Policies, Board Certificate-Resolutions, Board email register, et cetera.
- Facilitate Board logistics, including travel arrangements, catering, transfers, accommodation, attendance registers, et cetera, during Committee and Board meetings.
- Arrange meetings as required (Board Meeting Schedule).
- Comply with relevant risk policies and procedures.
- Assist and provide support during Committee/Board meetings.
- Maintaining the webpage for Business Plan.
- Maintaining Board member files.
- Asset verification.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Grade 12 (Std 10) certificate.
- A minimum of 12 months’ relevant administrative experience.
- Understanding and application of basic computer software packages.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
Salary: Level 6 (R208,584.00) plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 11 February 2020, quoting the reference number BS/AO/24/01/2020 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2373
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online