INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
PROPERTY PORTFOLIO MANAGER
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN
Legal Aid SA is a national public entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to poor and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint. Legal Aid SA is an accredited Top Employer SA for 11 consecutive years – a credible employer of choice. Its culture is rooted in leadership, driven by the value and advancement of human rights. It offers an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based at the National Office in Braamfontein.
- Accountable and responsible for the proper management and coordination of Legal Aid SA’s property and fleet management portfolio, including contracts management.
- Manage and facilitate Legal Aid SA’s property portfolio, including the tendering process for new procurement, renewal and alternatives and contracts management.
- Ensure that the space occupied is as per the NOE space allocation, especially for all new offices.
- Manage rental rates to ensure market-related and cost effectiveness.
- Manage and ensure that the BAC reports for procurement and renewal of leases are prepared, submitted and approved as per the threshold.
- Manage lease information to align with what has been agreed upon by landlord and tenant.
- Manage and coordinate to ensure that the new buildings are properly refurbished as per tenant specification.
- Ensure building compliance with building regulations, that landlords adhere to their end of the bargain on maintenance issues.
- Manage record keeping of all property databases, all contracts and all agreements and related information.
- Manage branding and signage at all Legal Aid SA offices.
- Manage internal and external queries and ensure timeous response, to the client’s satisfaction.
- Report on a monthly/quarterly basis both verbal and written to all committees and to management as well, when required.
- Develop and update Policies and Standard Operating Procedures for Property, Fleet and Contracts record keeping when required.
- Conduct training and workshops for Property and Fleet at Provinces for Admin Managers.
- Manage Legal Aid SA’s fleet management and ensure that requirements are met in terms of procurement and general administration.
- Effective and efficient management of vehicle tracking system, storage and stationery budget.
- Manage travel services and payment of invoices.
- Perform other duties relating to stationery management, storage management and photocopier administration.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- In depth knowledge of property portfolio management discipline and how to implement and leverage these within a national environment:
- Working knowledge of PFMA regulatory framework, National Treasury Regulations, Legal Aid SA Act and other relevant Statutes.
- Working knowledge of King IV Code of Corporate Governance.
- Functional ability in utilisation of electronic systems and technologies.
- Able to create “functional integration” between Legal Aid SA operational needs and its users.
- Able to partner with management to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective facilities provisions.
- Effective working relationship with management and other business units nationally.
- Excellent organisational, planning and resources allocation skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with demanding compliance issues and meet demanding deadlines, while managing projects optimally.
- Financial and administrative skills to ensure value add deliverables.
- Recognised Degree/Diploma in Real Estate, Property Management/Law, Public Administration or equivalent. Registration with Estate Agency Affairs Board will be advantageous.
- Five (5) years property management experience within a national organisation.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a service excellence mindset and building relationships nationally.
SALARY: Level 11: R733,257.00 plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 11 February 2020, quoting the reference number PPM/24/01/2020 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2373
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online