INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
INTERNAL AUDIT EXECUTIVE
SALARY PACKAGE: COMPETITIVE NEGOTIABLE REMUNERATION PACKAGE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 11 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be expected to sign a performance contract. The position reports to the CEO and is based at the National Office in Johannesburg (Braamfontein).
- Develop an Internal Audit Business Plan aligned to the Legal Aid SA Strategic Plan.
- Establish risk-based strategic audit plans that will ensure an efficient and effective Auditing Coverage Plan.
- Evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that functional risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the realisation of organisation’s objectives and goals.
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposure.
- Evaluate regulatory compliance programme in consultation with legal counsel.
- Evaluate the organisation’s readiness in case of business interruption.
- Prepare budget for funding and implementation of programmes.
- Ensure that audit systems are in place to enable efficient, effective and economical auditing.
- Prepare value adding assurance reports for Management, the Audit Committee and Board.
- Report risk management issues, identified internal controls deficiencies and provide recommendations for improving the organisation’s operations, in terms of both efficient and effective performance.
- Manage and provide support to the organisation’s anti-fraud programmes.
- Manage Combined Assurance by assessing overall assurance provided and the quality of the assurance.
- Develop audit policies and methodologies to ensure compliance with the standards set by the Institute of Internal Auditors, National Treasury and the Audit Committee.
- Develop a knowledge database to serve the needs of auditors, management and external auditors.
- Manage the internal auditing process in a computerised environment.
- Effective and efficient human resource management.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with stakeholders – Management, Audit Committee and Board.
- Ensure that a risk management system is in place that will ensure an efficient and effective Auditing Coverage Plan.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised relevant postgraduate tertiary qualification majoring in Accounting and Auditing (MBA or equivalent will be an added benefit).
- Certified as an Internal Auditor with a relevant professional body.
- Minimum of 10 years auditing experience, of which at least 5 years are in a senior management position.
- In-depth knowledge of Internal Auditing, Management, and demonstrated experience on how to implement assurance systems within a complex business environment, preferably within a high performing public sector entity.
- Working knowledge of the Constitution, PFMA, National Treasury Regulations and other relevant Statutes, and the King IV Code of Corporate Governance.
- Prior exposure to ICT Audit will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical, organisation, management and leadership skills, business acumen and the ability to collaborate with the aim of adding value and improving assurance.
- A collaborative style is advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently whilst collaborating with the Board, Audit Committee, CEO and Executive Management to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective governance processes.
- Demonstrated ability to benchmark against national good governance best practice and work with the Board, Audit Committee and Executive Management to develop the organisation’s governance practice.
- Experience in strategic planning, business planning and the development of operational plans with a strong focus on monitoring and reporting.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a risk management and assurance mindset across a national footprint or within a large, complex organisation.
- Project management experience is essential.
- People development approach and strong people management skills.
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting the practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 24 April 2020 by email, quoting the reference number NO/IAE/26/03/2020 in the subject line, to IAERecruit@legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Richard Baloyi, Tel: 011 877 2000
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT.