INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
HUMAN RESOURCES EXECUTIVE
SALARY PACKAGE: COMPETITIVE NEGOTIABLE REMUNERATION PACKAGE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 11 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from suitable persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be expected to sign a performance contract. The position reports to the COO and is based at the National Office in Johannesburg (Braamfontein).
- Develop a meaningful Human Resources strategy that supports the organisation’s achievement of long term objectives, and manage and mitigate strategic Human Resources risks.
- Ensure an integrated people strategy that is consistent with all applicable legislative frameworks.
- Lead the embedding and successful execution of common Legal Aid SA Human Resources policies, processes and practices and influence the appropriate application of organisation-wide standards of Human Resources excellence.
- Maintain and continuously improve Human Resources standards and practices within the organisation.
- Participate as a member of the Management Executive Committee with a specific focus on Human Resources and how that resource is best leveraged, led and managed to deliver the overall business objectives.
- Drive organisational change initiatives including new organisation designs, roles, core competency and career frameworks.
- Take a leadership role within the organisation and act as a senior Human Resources business partner to the broader business.
- Embed a learning and development culture within the organisation and provide Human Resources leadership on a new emphasis on leadership development within Legal Aid SA.
- Lead the performance management methodology within the organisation and ensure a cross-functional elevation of robust performance management practices.
- Drive a high performance and high engagement values centred culture supported by a viable and relevant employment value proposition and a strong employer brand.
- Oversee talent management within the organisation and ensure that the talent management processes and practices respond to current and future business needs.
- Provide high-level leadership on matters relating to employee/employment relations within the organisation in order to foster sound relations in line with the mission and vision of the organisation.
- Raise the Human Resources banner within the organisation, through continuous improvement, functional excellence and business partnership.
- Introduce metrics that will guide leadership in measuring and managing organisational performance in relation to people management.
- Oversee the management of Human Resources operations to ensure the achievement of efficiencies, legislative compliance (PFMA and employment legislation) and mitigation of operational and relevant legislative risks.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised bachelor’s degree with Human Resources as a major.
- A postgraduate qualification in Human Resources will be an added benefit. Minimum of 10 years’ Human Resources experience, of which at least 5 years are in a senior management position.
- A highly respected senior Human Resources generalist practitioner with strong knowledge of the core Human Resources disciplines and how to implement and leverage these within a complex organisation with a national footprint.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of compensation; performance management, learning and development, and talent management (including career development, organisational design and development, employee relations, recruitment and retention and change management).
- Ability to partner with all Business Units to build relationships that foster the achievement of strategic objectives through effective people processes.
- Experience within core business roles would assist the incumbent in driving a commercial mindset within Human Resources and within the business to create functional integration.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution is preferred.
- Project management experience is essential.
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting the practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 28 May 2020 by email, quoting the reference number NO/HRE/12/05/2020 in the subject line to HRERecruit@legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Siphesihle Molefe, Tel: 011 877 2000
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT.