INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
NATIONAL OFFICE – BRAAMFONTEIN
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 11 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from suitable persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. Whilst the position is based in Braamfontein, the role has a national focus. The successful candidate must be prepared to travel extensively within South Africa.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager: Special Projects, this role is responsible for the delivery of psychosocial services to ensure employee psychological support and general wellbeing; risk mitigation in respect of occupation-specific vicarious trauma; the delivery of psychometric services to ensure effective career and development management; the support of employee engagement, and workplace climate management programmes.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- To provide counselling to employees experiencing behavioural, social and coping difficulties and, where appropriate, facilitate the referral for external counselling or medical services.
- Administer, manage and implement an integrated Employee Wellness/Assistance Programme.
- Ensure referral, management and follow-up of all types of personal problems that could interfere with job performance and overall employee wellbeing.
- Provide management consultation to assist supervisors/management with employee’s job performance, absenteeism and conduct problems.
- Provide advice and guidance to management and staff on related matters.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation of the Service Level Agreement (SLA) with external service provider.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Generate, consolidate and submit reports and statistics.
- Act as custodian of, and oversee, the Employee Assistance Programme/Wellness Policy and provide inputs for amendments to the EAP/Wellness Policy.
- Benchmark EAP/Wellness practices to ensure a best practice EAP for Legal Aid SA staff.
- Administer and co-ordinate related wellness activities.
- Promote health awareness and the facilitation of health-related events, activities and interventions (Wellness Day, HIV/AIDS, etc.).
- Devise and implement appropriate intervention programmes aimed at effectively mitigating the occupation-specific vicarious trauma risk confronting legal services professionals.
- Oversee the implementation of the Legal Aid SA Chronic Illness including HIV/Aids Programme and provide professional support.
- Training of Peer Educators.
- Provision of trauma debriefing to employees.
- Support employee engagement and workplace climate management programmes by proactively identifying potential drivers of disengagement and contributing psychological best practice improvements to set programmes.
- Administering of psychometric test and provision of feedback thereafter.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Master’s Degree in Clinical/Counselling/Industrial Psychology. Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa is essential.
- Minimum of 3 years’ post-HPCSA registration experience.
- The ability to build effective working relationships with business partners, together with the ability to win the trust of employees.
- Proficient in the application of the following:
- Psychometric and Competency Assessments
- Programme Management
- Research, report compilation, analysis and presentation experience
- Individual and group counselling
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills and the ability to meet demanding deadlines and manage projects.
- Sound consulting skills with a flexible collaborative style is necessary for this position.
- Good conflict management skills.
- Sound mental health and ability to work under pressure.
SALARY: R733 257.00 per annum, all-inclusive package (Level 11)
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 09 June 2020, quoting the reference number CIP/22/05/2020 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2373
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online