INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
PROPERTY PORTFOLIO MANAGER
SALARY PACKAGE: COMPETITIVE NEGOTIABLE REMUNERATION PACKAGE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 11 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from suitable persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position reports to the CFO and is based at the National Office in Johannesburg (Braamfontein).
Accountable and responsible for the management and co-ordination of Legal Aid SA’s fixed owned and leased property.
- In partnership with M/Exco and Senior Management, lead research, review and develop Legal Aid SA’s Property Management Strategy, Policy, Plan and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure that resources are economically and optimally utilised.
- Manage Legal Aid SA’s immovable property portfolio, including the tendering process for acquisition of new properties, procurement of refurbishment, procurement of office leases and contracts thereof.
- Liaising with landlords for leased property, service providers and contractors.
- Ensure that the space occupied is as per the National Operations space specifications, especially for all new offices.
- Attending to all operations and maintenance issues for the property portfolio.
- Manage rental rates to ensure market-related and cost-effectiveness.
- Manage and ensure that the Bid Adjudication Committee reports for procurement and renewal of leases are prepared, submitted and approved.
- Manage lease information to align with what has been agreed upon by landlord and tenant.
- Manage the co-ordination to ensure that the new buildings are properly refurbished as per tenant specification.
- Ensure building compliance with building regulations; that landlords adhere to their end of the bargain on maintenance issues.
- Manage record keeping of all property databases, all contracts and all agreements and related information.
- Manage branding and signage of all Legal Aid SA offices.
- Manage internal and external queries relating to office accommodation and ensure timeous responses to the client’s satisfaction.
- Report on a monthly/quarterly basis, both verbal and written, to all committees, and to management as and when required.
- Conduct training and workshops for Property in Provinces for Administration Managers.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- Recognised Degree/Diploma in Real Estate, Property Management/Law, Public Administration or equivalent.
- Registration with Estate Agency Affairs Board will be advantageous.
- Ten (10) years property management experience within a national organisation, five (5) of which at Management level.
- In-depth knowledge of the property portfolio management discipline and how to implement and leverage these within a national environment.
- Working knowledge of the PFMA regulatory framework, National Treasury Regulations, Legal Aid SA Act and other relevant Statutes.
- Working knowledge of King IV Code of Corporate Governance.
- Functional ability in the utilisation of electronic systems and technologies.
- Able to create ‘functional integration’ between Legal Aid SA’s operational needs and its users.
- Able to partner with Management to support the achievement of strategic objectives through effective facilities provisions.
- Effective working relationship with Management and other Business Units nationally.
- Excellent organisational, planning and resources allocation skills, business acumen and the ability to deal with demanding compliance issues and meet demanding deadlines, while managing projects optimally.
- Financial and administrative skills to ensure value add deliverables.
- Experience that would assist the incumbent in driving a service excellence mindset and building relationships nationally.
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 04 June 2020, quoting the reference number PPM/22/05/2020 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Eulender Mafolo, Tel: 011 877 2373
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online